20061108

SUCCESS AT THE CARPHONE WAREHOUSE

My previous blog was premature. No later than I hit the "Publish Post" button I receive a call. It IS the CPW.

A "saga" they called it. My poor experience with their service line. I am compensated to a matter in which I feel is very, very fair.

Thank you CPW.

Regarding my frustration with their length of time in responding. My letter had so many points which needed investigating. So they did that. And they needed to arrange for the authorisation of my compensation.

The story here is to never, ever give in to large business just because you believe it's simply "the way things work". And never feel you cannot complain to the highest level of a company. This is the second CEO I've written to. If you feel you are not treated appropriately then make the company accountable via a letter detailing your experience. I find this can be time consuming, but always worth it. There is a win/win on both sides. Granted the CPW took more time then I am accustomed to for a voice to let me know that something is in the works. The AA for instance took one day to solve an issue. Ikea took three days. Natwest took about a week. The key here, in my opinion, is to have a voice available as quickly as possible to let you know that you are being served. Automated response has a short shelf life.

Bigger picture is that there has been winning for both sides. The Carphone Warehouse has learned via my detailed letter who and what stores and call centers are performing under par and will be able to train those individuals in a better manner. And for my work of spending the time noting the weak points in their systems I am compensated.

I love business when it finally works out. It just takes a bit of work at times to get there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I run the Talk Talk Hell blog, which is for customers of the Carphone Warehouse. I was wondering if you'd share your letter/problem? We're looking for good tips.

Thanks!
Tiffany

1:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home